Unit 18: Class banquet
Day six: The banquet
- Students will be able to present orally a variety of foods they have prepared for the class.
- Students will work in groups to serve these foods.
Setting the Stage (5 minutes)
Teacher has arranged the room so that each group has a large table on which to place their food. Student groups place their illustrations, their recipes and their foods, dishes, cups and utensils on these tables.
Evaluation (40 minutes)
Each group of students, one at a time, presents the foods they have prepared, along with the illustrations and recipes. Every student in the group presents the food or drink he or she has prepared and describes the general preparation involved.
Teacher evaluates each group's presentations according to the rubric.
When the demonstrations are finished, each student in the class receives a paper plate, a paper cup and appropriate utensils.
Each student then walks around from table to table and takes what he or she would like to taste and drink.
Students return to their seats, which have been arranged in small groups. Students chat with one another as they eat.
Teacher plays culturally-appropriate soft music in the background.
Closure (10 minutes)
Students clean up the room and take their cooking and serving utensils home.
« Previous lesson
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
- You may use and modify the material for any non-commercial purpose.
- You must credit the UCLA Language Materials Project as the source.
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.