Search for resources by:
||Definitions of materials
||Definitions of levels
Please note: Due to project funding termination in summer 2014, this database is no longer actively being maintained. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the listings.
Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS) at Haverford College is seeking applications for the position of Instructional Technology Specialist. The Instructional Technology Specialist will assist faculty in identifying, developing, and implementing instructional strategies, instructional software, and technology devices that support the advancement of teaching in traditional and blended classroom environments. The position is a full-time, 12-month staff position and reports to the Director of the Instructional Technology Services.
- Consult with faculty about learning goals for courses and help faculty choose and implement the instructional and classroom technologies best suited to meet the identified needs and goals.
- Develop project plans for implementing instructional technologies in a course.
- Evaluate new technologies on their ability to meet teaching and learning needs, and collaborate with faculty and IITS staff to expand educational technology initiatives such as flipped classrooms/blended learning, iPads, and active learning classrooms.
- Plan, organize, and lead workshops for faculty in the use of specific instructional technologies and for students on various technologies.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop course assessments to evaluate student learning outcomes of instructional technologies.
- Develop multimedia materials and simulations that align with learning goals.
- Combine learning theory, design practices, and technologies to assist in the creation of effective teaching and learning spaces, both physical and virtual.
- Work as a team member supporting the group, department, and college and provide the services needed.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years' experience in higher education supporting faculty to integrate instructional and classroom technologies; including but not limited to LMS (e.g. Moodle), tablets, Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Education, student response systems, lecture capture systems, smart boards, A/V systems, web conference tools, authorizing tools (e.g. Camtasia and Captivate), Adobe Creative Suite, web technologies, social media tools.
- Experience creating innovative learning solutions for face-to-face and blended teaching environments.
- Face-to-face or online teaching/training experience.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and assessment techniques.
- Experience connecting instructional technology to student learning goals.
- Knowledge of accessibility technologies and understanding of Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Experience with learning analytics, game design, simulation and other virtual platforms.
- Ongoing engagement with emerging instructional technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Strong customer service skills. Can-Do attitude. Attention to detail.
To apply, visit the website listed at the end of this announcement.
About Haverford College
Located on a wooded suburban campus less than ten miles from the center of Philadelphia, Haverford College is a highly selective liberal arts institution of approximately 1200 students, 500 staff and more than 100 faculty. Founded in 1833, Haverford was the first college established by members of the Society of Friends (Quakers). While the college is not affiliated with any religious body today, the values of individual dignity, academic strength, and tolerance upon which it was founded remain central to its character.
Submitted by Hiroyo Saito. Director, Instructional Technology Services