Search for resources by:
||Definitions of materials
||Definitions of levels
Call for Papers
University of Evora, Portugal
11-14 September 2013
20 years of EUROCALL: Learning from the past, looking to the future
In September 2013, EUROCALL will celebrate its 20th anniversary. Come and join us in Evora and help us celebrate this great occasion!
This year, the programme will include individual papers, Special Interest Groups (SIG) symposia, workshops, presentations show-casing EU-funded projects, and posters.
We are seeking proposals on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to:
• Recent developments in mobile learning
• Language learning in virtual environments
• Synchronous communication in language learning
• European Language Portfolio, self-assessment and ICT
• Challenges of e-learning: the role of the institution
• E-learning: student expectations and experience
• Successes of e-learning through the eyes of the student
• The use of new technologies for language teaching in schools
• Promoting the use of new technologies amongst language teaching professionals
• Developments in the pedagogy of online learning
• Developments in Natural Language Processing and ICALL
• Corpora and language learning
• Courseware design
• Cross-sector collaboration through e-learning
• Supporting less widely taught languages through CALL
• Improving intercultural competence through language learning
• Managing multimedia environments
• Distance and collaborative learning
• Self-access and learner autonomy
Proposals for Papers, Symposia, European Projects, Workshops and Posters must be submitted online via the web-based submission process at http://www.eurocall-languages.org/conf2013/.
The submission system will close on 25 February 2013.
Authors of accepted presentations can submit a short paper (1,500 words) for publication in the conference proceedings and may also submit an extended version for peer-reviewed publication in ReCALL or the EUROCALL Review. Details will follow shortly.
• Deadline for submissions of proposals: 25 February 2013
• Notification of acceptance: 31 March 2013
• Early-bird Registration for accepted authors (or removed from programme): 31 May 2013
• Deadline for submissions of short papers for proceedings: 30 June 2013
• Deadline for submissions of full-length papers to ReCALL or the EUROCALL Review: 30 November 2013
Further details will soon be available via the EUROCALL website (http://www.eurocall-languages.org).
Submitted by Mirjam Hauck, Open University, UK