Search for resources by:
||Definitions of materials
||Definitions of levels
Unit 20: My future world
Study habits, college preparation, careers, salaries; describing future events orally and in writing; giving advice; roll playing, interviews, surveys. The unit lasts for 7 days.
Students will be able to:
- Discuss professions and other positions of gainful employment
- Discuss future events
- Make plans for preparing for future employment
- Work collaboratively
- Communicate in paragraphs and series of paragraphs
Meeting the ACTFL national standards
- 1.1: Students engage in conversation, provide and obtain information, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions.
- 1.2: Students understand and interpret written and spoken language on a variety of topics.
- 1.3: Students present information, concepts, and ideas to an audience of listeners or readers on a variety of topics.
- 3.1: Students reinforce and further their knowledge of other disciplines through the foreign language.
- 5.1: Students use the language both within and beyond the school setting.
Meeting the World Language Content Standards for California Public Schools
- Content Stage III:
- 3.1 Students address concrete and factual topics related to the immediate and external environment, including: social norms, historical and cultural figures, careers and future plans.
- Communication Stage III:
- 3.0 Students use planned language (paragraphs and strings of paragraphs.)
- 3.2 Students interpret written, spoken or signed language.
- 3.3 Students present to an audience of listeners and readers.
- Structures Stage III:
- 3.1 Students use paragraph-level discourse to produce formal communications.
- Settings Stage III:
- 3.0 Students use language in informal and some formal settings.
- 3.1 Students initiate language use opportunities outside the classroom.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
- You may use and modify the material for any non-commercial purpose.
- You must credit the UCLA Language Materials Project as the source.
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.